Overcome your fear of public speaking and ensure your presentations and talks are always impactful. My Public Speaking Training will help even the most intrepid speaker. Ask yourself?
- Do the words public speaking fill you with adrenalin and excitement or fear and blind panic?
- Have you ever spoken in public or do you avoid it at all cost?
- Are you limiting yourself and failing to achieve what you want because of your fear of presenting or speaking in public?
If so now may be the time to get some public speaking training. I know from experience that many people would dearly love to stand up and speak in public but they lack the self confidence and skills to do so. Whether for business or pleasure, many of us will be invited to speak in public at some point in our lives, so why not enjoy the occasion. Whether you are addressing the guests at your daughter’s wedding or making a speech about a subject you are passionate about, you need to engage your listeners and shine. As a public speaker you need to come across as confident but personable, credible and believable. To hold your audience’s attention for more than a few minutes you will need to develop your public speaking skills to be interesting, animated and engaging.
The good news is that all of these public speaking skills can be taught and therefore learned. Everyone is capable of speaking in public, some people even make a living from it. Speaking in public can be rewarding and exhilarating depending on how you approach it and handle it on the day. Let me show you how to enjoy your experience with my public speaking training.
Just two days of public speaking training and personal coaching will make you confident, credible and engaging
I can remove your fear and change your experience and it only takes a couple of days (one day courses are available too). You can split the days or do them consecutively, it really is up to you. When you undertake private training and coaching the time is very flexible and fully focused on your needs. We will agree the topics we will cover but we can apportion the time to meet your specific needs. You can spend as long as you need on any particular subject as there are no group constraints. However, if you prefer to learn with someone else you can share the experience and the cost with a friend, colleague or business associate.
My public speaking training is a two day highly interactive and experiential training and coaching programme. I want you to have fun while you learn and grow, and I will support you all of the way. I’ll incorporate tried and tested NLP (Neuro-Linguistic Programming) techniques to build you self confidence and belief in yourself. Your two day public speaking training programme will be an in depth look at everything you need: from planning and preparation to rehearsing and delivering. With my public speaking training you will learn the A to Z of effective public speaking. How to look and feel great when you are speaking, and how to fully engage your audience time after time.
These proven techniques will set you apart from other public speakers and you’ll leave fully equipped to stand up and make a speech or speak in public
Here is an overview of the content for day 1 of my public speaking training and coaching:
- Planning your speech
- Aspects to consider: audience, venue, duration
- Writing your speech
- Appropriate content and language
- Using humour, surprise or shock
- Telling a story
- Preparing props and visual aids
- Effective techniques to aid memory and ultimately performance
- You will get to perform in a safe and supportive environment. You’ll get constructive feedback and tools and techniques to improve your performance.
Day 2 focuses on perfecting your performance using advanced communication skills. We will focus on:
- Visual Impact: image, personal style, projecting your personality
- Body Language: eye contact, controlling nerves, facial expressions, hand gestures, movement
- How to use your voice: breathing techniques. Know your voice, the power of your voice and how to use it, learn that ‘how you say it, is more important that ‘what you say’, compelling and engaging language
- Using visual aids and props for public speaking: visual aids, props, audience participation
- Rehearsal and practise (putting it all together)
I offer public speaking training on a private 1-2-1 basis or a group sessions for businesses, professional and trade associations.