When it comes to interviews, how do you measure up? Does the thought of a job interview fill you with dread and fear, or are you excited about the prospect? Do you make endless preparation or do you just leave it to chance believing that your natural personality and talent will carry you through. Having secured an interview you owe it to yourself to give it your all. Interview impact can be learned, developed and perfected. There really is no need to ever feel worried or concerned about an interview providing you have made the correct preparation. I offer the following training and development options:
- Interview Preparation half day
- Interview Impact half day session
- Interview Image and Impact full day session (you can learn on your own or share the cost with up to three friends).
Interview Image and Impact Coaching Format
Your Interview Image and Interview Impact coaching session is designed to give you everything you need to ensure you get the next job. I’ll encourage you to ask as many questions as you like and we can role play parts of the actual interview. Below is a list of the topics that are normally covered in an interview image and interview impact coaching session. If you choose a private coaching session it is very flexible and can be tailor made to match your specific needs. So topics that you are confident about can be omitted allowing for more time to be spent on areas that you are less familiar with. I find this fluid style of learning suits most people and accelerates your learning.
My personal coaching will give you all of the tools and techniques you need to ensure you Shine at your next job interview. Step by step I will guide you through the interview process, de-mystifying and clarifying the key steps to interview success. Interview image and interview impact coaching will boost your self confidence and fully prepare you whether you are a seasoned interviewee or this is your first interview in years.
The Benefits of Interview Image and Interview Impact Coaching
You will learn how to:
- Relax so that you and your potential employer both get the best from the interview experience.
- Let your personality shine through so that you project well from the first hand shake to the last farewell.
- Positively present yourself, looking right for the part is the first step towards success.
- Use verbal communication skills to build rapport quickly and effectively.
- Effectively communicate your skills and experience so that you stand out from other candidates.
- Use body language to engage your interviewer and project self confidence.
- Be aware of the etiquette that is expected at interview.
Interview Preparation (half day)
In the morning we focus on interview preparation. Making the right preparation will ensure that you are suitably prepared and will help to dispel unnecessary nerves and tension. We will look at the following interview topics:
- First impressions and image management. Advice on grooming, appropriate attire and how to create a professional image.
- Itinerary and transport
- What to take with you
- Question preparation and response
- Preparing a presentation
In the afternoon we work through the interview process looking at your interview impact. A job interview is an exploratory process and should be enjoyable for both interviewer and interviewee. We’ll look at the interview process and focus on:
- Managing your nerves
- Being authentic
- The importance of body language
- Effective communication (building rapport, using positive language)
- Letting your personality shine through
- Interview etiquette
- Feedback and follow-up
By the end of your Interview Image and Interview Impact session you will have everything you need to excel at interview, from preparing for the interview to following up and getting feedback. Together we will look at every aspect of your visual, verbal and non verbal communication.